There are always plenty of interesting projects going on at Didcot Railway Centre:
- We're restoring locomotives from scrapyard condition, and even building replicas of long extinct classes
- We're rebuilding coaches and putting them back in to traffic
- We're reconstructing traditional railway buildings brought to Didcot from elsewhere, and putting up new buildings which better enable us to restore, conserve and display our collections.
Here are links or information about just a few of our current projects:
Some of these projects have their own independently run web sites:
Recreating the extinct County class
Download the County appeal form (Word format)
The first new GWR ‘Saint’ Class 4-6-0 since 1913
Download the Saint appeal form (Word format)
Recreating Churchward's final masterpiece.
Download the 4709 appeal leaflet (428 kb .pdf file)
Some other projects, without their own website, are listed below:
- Steam Breakdown Crane RS1054/50
- 1466 - The original GWS locomotive
- 4079 Pendennis Castle
« Back To Centre Guide
Didcot Railway Centre Newsletter
Stay up to date with events and what's going on at Didcot Railway Centre.
You may unsubscribe at any time. We do not share your data with 3rd parties.