Teddy Bears' Picnic - Sunday July 7th
- Steam and Diesel Trains in Operation
- Free admission for Children with Teddy Bears
- Teddy Bear displays
- Teddy Crump
- Children’s Activities in the Picnic Area
- Story Reading
- Railway themed Teddy Trail
- Competitions for Bears!
- and more
This is a Steam Day, so you will be able to view our collections of locomotives, coaches, wagons and buildings as described in the Centre Guide and in our Guidebook (available for purchase from our shop or at the entrance) and enjoy the various facilities and exhibits.
Discover Brunel's Broad Gauge and the 1930s Engine Shed. Visit the GWT Museum and our restoration workshops. Watch the modern pasenger and freight trains from our Picnic Area.
You can walk around the only surviving steam age loco depot in its original condition, and get up close to our large collection of locomotives which are so much more impressive when seen from ground level. Why not explore the rest of the centre including the Archie Trail, the Science Learning & Railways interactive exhibition and visit our shop and refreshment room?
In addition, you will be able to:
- Ride in coaches from the 1930s behind some of our Great Western steam locomotives, or in our Steam Railmotor or Diesel Railcar. We have two running lines, 'The Main Line' and 'The Branch Line' with trains normally running on either or both of them. You may ride as many times as you like as there is no extra charge
- Watch the trains go past. There are frequent journeys on our running lines so you will have plenty of opportunity to take photos from vantage points alongside the tracks as well as ride on the trains
Check our Locomotive Roster to see what we expect to be running on your next visit.
Didcot Railway Centre Newsletter
Stay up to date with events and what's going on at Didcot Railway Centre.
You may unsubscribe at any time. We do not share your data with 3rd parties.